Sunday 8 March 2015

Patience is a virtue

Spent a wonderful afternoon with Kathleen's friends, Sharon and Ron, at the Hermitage. On the way home, I decided to give Grants Woods another visit. No luck at first so I started the car to leave when the barred owl flew in and landed on the bird feeder. Vicki and I were scared to move so we photographed through the car window. Then I ventured out side the car:


When the owl did not appeared to be disturbed by me I walked behind the car and into the gazebo seen on the right side of the photo above. It still was not bothered. I think it was looking for animals on the ground beneath the bird feeder:



I took lots more and then returned to the car. The owl took to a nearby tree:
And we packed up to continue when it flew onto a branch above our car:


Wise Old Birds!

4 comments: