Friday 9 November 2018

Some snow on the ground

Last week I said I would have to wait for snow to fall to see tracks of the mink. Well today the snow began to fall and stay! I don't have anything I especially want to show you - maybe tomorrow I blog some snow.

I thought I would show you the radar picture and our current forecast:


The "pale blue dot" south of Orillia on the radar map is indeed wet.

I also want to include a link to the jet stream and the role it plays.
The diagram is, I think, wrong, however - it shows the jet stream as a uniform/constant width band of a small circle. The real problem is that this idealized situation can no longer contain the energy that has been deposited in the atmosphere in the past 100+ years. It is similar to laying out a garden hose and then turning it on. The hose does not stay still but begins to sway rapidly like the cobra being played to by a flutist (?). So the jet stream begins to sway - deep to the south bringing cold air south but also diverting southerly breezes northward. So one group of people experience a chill and claim that as evidence for no global warming and the other group might prefer warm rains to a snow storm.


2030 is coming very quickly and the time to constrain global temperature rise is very short.Earth Hour 2019 is scheduled for Sat March 30, from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm

And Earth Day 2019 is on Monday, April 22, 2019
And remember, we may also be among the endangered species!


Wise Old Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment