Thursday 10 September 2020

Short-term Memory

 It must have been end of February 1976 when I flew North from Nairobi to Frankfurt: I looked out  the window, over the wing and saw Comet West rising before the Sun. Richard West had discovered it the previous year. That meant that on the previous day or so I had flown in over the Serengeti National Park  and probably over the  Ngorongoro Crater (caldera)  with the herds of Zebra and the Oxpecker.

So, a few days ago when I drove over the "rim" and saw the vast herd of animals I came to a stop and crept back to take some photos mindless of the pride of lions hidden in the long grass. 




I wondered and marveled at the astronomical connections:



 



 No troubles spotting Pegasus and Perseus?








I was reminded of the phrase "horse sense", maybe it was "horse cents"? - Because horses never bet on humans? Here were a dozen or so horses in a confined space living peacefully together, apparently oblivious to race, creed, colour, gender.


Maybe humans could learn something from animals - just a thought!



And the lions sparred me but my wife spared me! Maybe even speared me?


WOB

1 comment: