Sunday 20 June 2021

Hunting the wild Canadian Tiger

 After our friend Ken posted what he and Susan had seen a 'big, black thing' sitting in one of the roosts 75 feet above the ground  on June 8, I went back on Wed June 16. I did not expect to see much because bears are so camera-shy.

Even more shy are tigers, especially Canadian tigers in the wild:

 


 

When I saw the stripes moving in the undergrowth, I froze stock still and waited:


Would it step out into the clearing?



Nothing is sharp - was I really that nervous? Or was it the excitement?


A quick glimpse:



Still a lot of fuzz, but definitely not Snoopy -



However, finally my "luck" changed and I had some clear shots at the Canadian Tiger - a hard Tail to Swallow!





Better luck next time - WOB

No comments:

Post a Comment