Tuesday 14 March 2023

Does a micro climate require a macro lens?

 I was playing yesterday - I don't think anyone was looking. Please don't tell.


It seems there was a dusting of snow yesterday, And in her hurry to photograph 

the wonderland, Vicki knocked off one of the 4 flowers growing from her Amaryllis.

She saved it in a red pot. And I felt I would like to try to photograph it - up close - using

my zoom lens, And then I thought why not use my macro. And while I am at it, try bouncing the camera flash off some white paper onto the ceiling to illuminate the flower. Otherwise I used natural light.


But I am not going to tell you what setup was used for each photo - just enjoy the flower.







I took 17 more photos - beware of comments!


WOB

1 comment:

  1. These photos really capture the different textures of this gorgeous flower. Nature really is amazing. With the snow receding on neighbours' property here in Toronto, the snow drops -- and the shoots of tulips -- are visible in some gardens.

    ReplyDelete