Thursday 26 March 2020

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

I have spent so much of my life trying to "connect" that I now find it difficult to disconnect, also socially, during our pandemic. We would work so hard and then came that day, usually a Friday, when we would send our manuscript away for refereeing and publication. The relief!

It was Saturday, Sept 28, 2013, I believe, when Vicki and I were at Long Point to hear Colin Jones talk to us about dragonflies and their migration. And how we could help/ citizen science. I thought about the idea and realized that I could give a talk connecting the Big Bang and Dragonfly Migration. I think I actually did this at the Carden Centre on Wed Aug 9, 2017.

On Tuesday Mar 24, I spent an hour or so next door at the Leacock estate contemplating and observing several birds. I was wondering about connecting several ideas for Killarney when my attention was grabbed by a delightful little bird. And it lead me to the title that you have to place on Dec 24/25, and maybe even back some 70 years or so. A little tenuous for you?

Consider this, to quote REM,











Just checking!
















And so now you have the connection.

WOB

(And to all a good night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment