Friday 5 March 2021

Fire and Ice

 It was bitterly cold recently. Last night -10°C with a strong penetrating wind. Vicki was holding my hand while I tried to see the zodiacal light.

Bass Lake:




Left Line 15 for a darker road at the end of Line 13, Not sure if this is what I wanted or light pollution.



                                    ^                           ^                                              ^

                                    Aldebaran           Mars - Pleiades                        Zodiacal  --->?

There is light pollution in the South-west:


Can you see the 3 red objects? Betelgeuse, Aldebaran, both stars, and Mars at the top edge. Almost in a straight line.

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great

And would suffice.

 

So I went out again today to see more ice and wind chill caught in the act:

 




 It is an ill wind/windchill that blows no good - so eh, here is enjoyment:




It was cloudy tonight, some snow drifting onto the balcony - so no expeditions tonight.


Sleep well,


WOB


No comments:

Post a Comment