Thursday 14 May 2020

3 Birds to identify

Vicki and I saw this bird in the morning where we have in other years seen Killdeer:




Any comments?

OK, I think I can live with Killdeer even if the images are not so hot.

The next bird I observed along the shore of Lake Couchiching. I have the most photos of it, both against and with the sun. Also at the end in flight:




This "stretching" of the neck was repeated frequently over several minutes and I think was associated with feeding on flies that were quite numerous. I was wearing my Covid-19 mask to keep ,the flies out!





I was tracking the bird in flight so not as bad as it might have been.

Then a third bird flew back to the shoreline:





Might this last one also be a Killdeer?

If so what is the one in the middle? And if not what could it be?


WOB

2 comments:

  1. Killdear and Greater Yellow Legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the bill turn up enough for it to be a Greater Yellowleg?

    ReplyDelete