Friday 9 December 2016

The Wayzgoose and the 2 Swans

Yesterday afternoon I skyped with several friends in Germany and told them I was about to go for a run when I looked outside and saw 2 swans a swimmin' behind the willow toward Leacock. I could not tell if they were mute or trumpeter - to my knowledge, I have never seen any tundra here. Sooo.

I set my run toward Leacock, the Gordon lightfoot Trail, over to Forest Ave, without ever seeing the swans again so they must remain unregistered, like the Wayzgoose!

So now that I have connected the loose ends, here is what I saw - including this "goose" to start:



Well, not quite - and discordantly off centre. I might do better later.




High and dry - the lake is down 70cm or so.



This "goose is not webbed enough:


Some old cedar fencing:



Light my way home before the snow:


Then the snow fell (fill-in flash sets the focus depth)



Saw a beaver while I was out but since it was not a bird I won't show it.

W O B

No comments:

Post a Comment