Friday 31 October 2014

"Chernozem Steppe"

I did not submit a name for the landing site. I honour Klim Churyumov and Svetlana Gerasimenko in the name of Viktor and Irena Pronik who loved the Krim. I hope that this comet is beyond the current politics as ESA has joined nations after WW II- remember November 11. I travelled by train through the Ukraine in 1977. The people are good; I wonder about the world's politicans?

It has not yet been suggested so I will do so now: let us give the names of the discoverers to the 2 lobes of their comet. Looking at the picture below I see that Klim Churyumov is  taller than Svetlana Gerasimenko. Only on that basis, I suggest the larger lobe be named Churyumov, and the smaller one, Gerasimenko.

I hope our pilot has a steady hand:

Real people.

No comments:

Post a Comment