Wednesday 1 April 2020

Earth Hour Part II - the Condo

Part I with Intro can be found here,

Today I want to look at north facing side of our condo, the side on which we also live.

Before Earth Hour started at 20:30 this is how the building appeared, with west being to the right and east lying to the left.


That is bearly the complete north facing side of the building and easy to see in the twilight.  Sunset was off to the right edge about an hour before.

Here are some more detailed shots from west to east:



About 20 minutes later, around 20:31 the 2 scenes look like this_




The upper corners, both west and east show less light.

At 20:57 floor 5 left of the  centre vertical column now has an extra bright light:



I was puztzled by this since I saw the light being turned on with a person in the middle of the room. The person turned and appeared to walk away/out of the room never to be seen by me during the rest of the evening.

At 21:13 not much change -



Ar 21:21 similar:



And then finally at 21:33, after Earth Hour was over:


The top floor lights at the west end are back on.

This year I bought and used a sky brightness meter. I'll link to its use and table the results another day. I wrote down the readings at the time so my memory is not involved.

WOB

No comments:

Post a Comment